Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thoughts

Being a father, I automatically tend to feel that I have rights or command over what I have created. I want him to be a cardiac surgeon or a pilot or this or that. All those things that I might have secretly wanted to be myself, but then again he is not what I created. Children are souls given a body through me and hence I dont have control over them. May be moms have better control if at all, since they helped create the body more intimately, what I gave is just like a part of the seed. Simple truth! but I guess so many dads waste their cycles over this. All we dads can do is hope and help. I wish my dad realizes this. This will make him more happy. As the FORUM gurus say, I "hope" he creates and goes behind bigger problems that will make his life grand.

"The rung of ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher"
- Thomas Henry Huxley
After thought: One should then not consider their carreer as a ladder, since one can never rest. One might then never be able to enjoy the journey, since one will be always thinking of finishing climbing the ladder.

No comments: